Sunday, May 25, 2008

Memorial Weekend

Since Ryan has to work on Mondays and is it supposed to rain all weekend, the girls and I decided to go to my mom's house to hang out. Ryan took his 4wheeler up to Elk City to go riding with some friends and is probably going to he either soaking wet or really mudding when he comes home. My mom and I decided to finish up my sister's baby shower invitations and a couple other things for the shower. I would have put pictures of what we did in my slide show but what we are doing is a surprise to her. I will put pictures on my blog after her shower in June. I decided I wanted the girls to make something to put on my dad's grave so I let them paint a terra cotta pot and I put some fake flowers in them. They loved it! They have been wanting to paint everything since they did it. I have been able to get a couple pages done so I'm not so behind at the fall retreat. I even did one by candle light last night because the electricity went off for about an hour and a half last night. Let me tell you, I don't know how the old timers did anything without electricity. It must have been a different world back then and the people were definately alot stronger and more self efficient than we are today. Thank God for modern day inventions!

No comments: