Monday, May 19, 2008

The start of a new sprinkler system

The girls sitting in the dirt(imagine that!)
Elise before she gets covered in dirt from head to toe.
Jordis already has her shoes off because they kept filling with dirt and she got tired of dumping it out everytime she took a step.
Don't call child labor services on me, she did on her own free will. (It didn't last long though)
Ryan is running the ditch-witch while Duane nervously waits for an "explosion". You see, Ryan had me call Avista today to get all the electric and water lines drawn out so he wouldn't hit any. Well I did that but they won't have the results until Wed morning and he wanted to get it done tonight, so he did it anyway. I prayed the whole time he was out there that he wouldn't hit anything. Duane was so nervous that when I brought them some water I scared the crap out of him when I said his name. Evidently he was doing a little praying himself:) The front yard has all the pipes ran and hooked together already. He still has to run a line to my garden and hook up the back yard. Hopefully he will get it done in the next few days since he thinks we're going camping this weekend. I do have to say that Ryan is getting alot done this year. We weren't going to do the back yard but he decided to just do it and get it done. With everything he have purchased at home depote, we still have saved over $400 from what it would have cost to have a pro to do just the front yard. It really saves us alot of money doing it ourselves but it's alot more work(for Ryan anyways!)

4 comments:

My 30seconds of *Sanity* said...

Elise looks really grown up in that hat... Love it. Have fun camping, we are staying in town since my parents will be here and I don't feel like taking a new baby into the woods.

TAMI said...

You will LOVE havin' a sprinkler system! Next year I want to have a garden...we'll see! Duane is doing a nice job observing & holding on to that shovel! LOL!

Aunt Jan said...

Well, when the guys get done.. send them to Aunt Jan's..ok? I really need a sprinkler system.. Do they work for BEER? LOL!

Maria said...

The girls look like they are having lots of fun and you are going to really enjoy the sprinkler system, especially when you are gone for a weekend.
Rod said they had red lady bug rainboots and some pink ones, which do you think the girls would prefer?