Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Turkey Day!

Today we had Thanksgiving at our house with my mom, sister Christel, brother Ron and his 2 girls, and Ryan's sister Chelsea. I attempted to make the turkey but had to have Ryan take the neck and giblets out because just touching it made me sick, literally. Ryan thought it was hilarious so he had fun by trying to make me touch it. It turned out great once it came out of the oven. The girls helped me make the mashed potatoes, Jordis handed me the potatoe to peel and then Elise would drop them in the pot. It was so nice having a relaxing day with family. Mom and I worked on a couple Christmas decorations that I am making while the girls relaxed watching a movie. When it got dark we took the girls down to Locomotive park to see the lights. Last night we drove by them and they refer to it as "Christmas". All morning they kept saying they wanted to go see Christmas. They loved it, they didn't quite understand that they couldn't "play" in the igloo and train but they really liked jumping on the mat that changed the light colors. Tomorrow I will turn into one of those "crazy people" who get up before the crack of dawn to fight the crowds shopping. I have it all mapped out, I will go in this order: JcPenny 4am, Walmart 5 am, it's a toss up right now between shopko and Kmart at 6 am, staples after that, Tristate at 8am and Joann's somewhere in the day also. My mom took the girls home so I could do this, Thank you so much mom!. I am meeting Amanda at Walmart so she can get the $88 Barbie Jeep. I was considering it for the girls but they have one that was given to us so I guess free is better than $88. Well I am off to bed to try to get some sleep.

No comments: