Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Potty training

Potty training is so frustrating!! Elise pretty much has it down with accidents here and there but Jordis on the other hand flat out refuses to do it. I've tried telling her that big girls don't wear diapers and she's 3 now so she has to be a big girl. I've tried bribery and so much more but she just says "I a baby, I wear diapers". Sunday I devoted to potty training for both of them, I put panties on both and set a timer to go off every 30 minutes. A couple times I even made her sit on the toilet for about 20 minutes but not even 2 minutes after she got up she peed on the floor. I don't know if it isn't registering in her little brain yet or what but I don't want to buy any more diapers, and I don't want a 3 year old still in diapers. Help!! People say she will do it on her own time but she only has until next september to figure this out because they will be starting preschool then. I would appreciate any suggestions.

5 comments:

Mommy said...

I put up a big poster board in the bathroom and let Dallon put stickers on it every time he went potty in the toilet. It worked well. He loves stickers.
Nicole

TAMI said...

That would be totally frustrating- Ashlyn was potty trained in a weekend, even at night & rarely had accidents. Jayton was tougher when it came to potty training and he still has to wear a pull up at night- I gave up trying on that one. He will eventually grow out of it. Hopefully seeing her sister being a big girl and getting big girl perqs will make her try harder....and search the web for suggestions too!

My 30seconds of *Sanity* said...

Are they running around in panties at home? Is daddy helping? Is she still acting scared of the toilet? I don't know what to tell you, I got lucky Aydann just kinda did it. Maybe with a little bit of time she will see her sister doing it and feel left out and then give it more effort. This might sound mean but what if you made kind of a 'loud' deal to Elise and praise her for her work with something that Jordi can't have/do. Like getting something or going someplace. Do you think that will phase Jordi? Ah, I sound evil.... Sept is kinda a long way out, I'm pretty sure she will get it by then.

My 30seconds of *Sanity* said...

Oh forgot to tell you about mamasource.com you can put on their what is going on and I swear people come out of the wood works with ideas and tips. :)

Remacle Family said...

I did the sticker book with Nicholas & then gave him a reward everytime he got so many stickers. It's hard & at times VERY frustrating. If you have hardwood floors, another idea would be to let her run around naked for a while, messy but, it might give her the idea of the sensation...Have you tried using the school bribe???