Saturday, August 30, 2008

Welcome Layla Marie Lucas!

The Lucas Family
Layla Marie Lucas
Proud Daddy Richie
Well Layla finally decided to show us her beautiful face at 8:23pm tonight after about and hour and a half of pushing. She is 8 lbs 6&1/4 oz, 22 inches long and has kind of strawberry blond hair. From my other blogs you all know that Christel went in dialated to 2 cm and stayed that way until about 2 pm today when she finally changed to 4cm. At around 5 pm they upped her potosin to speed things up and it must have worked because I went home just before 5 pm and mom called me at 7pm and said things were really speeding up. When I got there at 7:20 she had already been pushing and only pushed for another hour before she was born. She is so beautiful and I think she will be a good nurser because her tongue was out right after she was born looking for something to latch onto. She did find her thumb which we all laughed about because Christel was a thumb sucker for a long time. Christel is doing well but really needs a good night sleep because she basically has been up since around 5am Fri morning. Here are a couple of pictures from tonight and I will post more after I see her tomorrow. Love you Christel, you did great!!!

2 comments:

Maria said...

Congrats on becoming a new aunt. She is beautiful and looks just like her mommy! Yeah, she is finally here.

My 30seconds of *Sanity* said...

Congrats Auntie.... I'm proud of you Christel, and hope you get some rest. I'm excited to see the new lil girl. :)