Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year(I hope)

Last night we went to the Frei house to ring in the new year, well almost. Ryan had to work today at 4 am so we left the party around 11 pm. Let's back up a couple hours first, I was going to Rosaur's to get a couple groceries for the night when my heel slipped off my shoe and I ate s*#@ in the parking lot(which was bone dry so I couldn't even blame it on slick pavement) My purse went one way, my shoe another and I was belly down in the parking lot. Some nice guy asked if I was ok and I told him "yes, keep walking please". Very embarassing to say the least. So all night my knee and palms of my hands hurt. It was nice not being overly tired or hung over today. I decided to take the girls to see a movie and when we got home I was putting their clothes away and noticed stuff in their closet was wet! Tues Ryan stayed home from work to patch the hole we thought was the source of water in the girls' closet ceiling but found out today he was wrong on the location. Whoever built this house really #$%! rigged it. There was a square pan in the attic next to the chimney to catch the water as it came down the chimney when it rains, so someone knew that this was a problem at one time and thought that would fix the problem. Evidently all this rain and snow we have been getting it more than the pan could hold so it overflowed and ran down a rafter onto the ceiling of the girl's bedroom closet. Pretty soon this house is going to be completely new because we have replaced every appliance except the stove and fridge so I'm sure that will be what goes next. I sure hope this is not a preview of how our next year is going to be, if so I want a new house. I hope everyone else new year has started out better than ours:)

2 comments:

My 30seconds of *Sanity* said...

Ah man... I can't believe that. Well we have to retile our bathtub. The nimrod that did our house must have been the same idiot. Nice. Well at least that piece of sheet rock was big enough that you have a couple of tries at it. Sorry... And ya, I laughed about you falling in the parking lot. I'm really sorry that I wished I may have seen it. Hope your hand is ok, Grace. :)

Remacle Family said...

I feel your pain on the house, Michelle. We had nimrods build our house too and can't place a stud the same distance apart. Makes for some very interesting words from Ray when he's trying to finish the basement! Hopefully, your new year will end a lot better than it began. Hope the hand feels better & there is no more rain in the girls' room!