Thursday, January 24, 2008

Very disturbing news

Tonight I got a phone call from my mom asking me if I heard about what happened in Clarkston today. Well for anyone that doesn't know a mother shot herself and the 3 youngest of her 8 children at their home.(only one of the children died, the other 2 are in the hospital) She suffered from postpardum depression after many of the pregnancies and obviously this last one because she had a baby that was only a couple months old. I know the family, not real well but I went to school with the brother of the dad of these kids. It is so sad to think that someone could do such a thing to their children. It made me cry, not because I knew them, but because of what the rest of the family is going to go through for the rest of their lives. I never realized how much having my own children would change my life and the way I think about things like this. I know it is going a long hard road for this family so I hope everyone will say a little prayer for them.

2 comments:

TAMI said...

I had post-partum depression with both my kids and I cannot image hurting them. But, I did get help for it so that made all the difference. This is the type of thing you read about in People magazine about other family- it has hit so close to home. How sad for the family to deal with this.

Mommy said...

Chelle,
It is so sad that this could happen. I was holding Todd last night and couldnt imagine hurting my kids.

On a happier note, last night Justin held Todd for a half hour at the wrestling match. It was pretty cute.

Nicole